Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why Does Brian Austin Green Desperately Want to Play Green Lantern?

Should a famous superhero be a man? Or a boy? Manly man Brian Austin Green feels that Hal Jordan, AKA The Green Lantern, "needs to be a man" in the upcoming movie version. Green told Comic Book Resources: "He needs to be somebody who lives a little and experienced a lot. So right now I'm just sort of trying to throw my name in and make it something that they might deem." Green admits that his knowledge of Hal Jordan, and the history and origin of the Green Lantern, is very limited. His impression of Hal Jordan as "a guy who has a lot of demons and [is] fighting them constantly" manifestly comes from playing with toys and watching Justice League cartoons. Green's interest in playing the part was piqued when a buddy sent him a text message in a fan-made picture, with his face pasted onto a outstanding example shot of the Green Lantern; "then Megan [Fox] and I were sitting talking in it and it just kind of clicked." Oh, fellow. I can understand that if Megan Fox looked into my eyes and said, "Honey, you'd be great as Jabba the Hut," I'd be jumping into a fat suit and eating flies in a flash. Green might be the only person quick who has less knowledge of the Green Lantern than me, and that sounds like a very ill thing. So I asked Elisabeth Rappe, our resident expert, for a remark: "If you're going to pick a fan of the property, I wish they'd hire David Boreanaz. He's a huge Green Lantern fan, and he's who a LOT of people want. I think he would be excellent." Do you think Brian Austin Green is the man to put out the Green Lantern to life? Should David Boreanaz play the part?Filed under: Casting, Warner Brothers, RumorMonger, Fandom, Comic/Superhero/Geek Read

No comments:

Post a Comment